How to make fields uneditable in a certain state?

Charitha Tillekeratne October 26, 2015

I have created a custom Workflow which has an Approved state at the end.  I would like users to not be able to modify fields in the issue when it is in the Approved state.  I have set jira.issue.editable to false for the Approved state.  This end up hiding the Edit button on the upper left hand corner.  However users are still able to go to a field and click the edit button next to the field and start editing.  How can I prevent this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2015

Hi Charitha!

I just tested adding this property on a workflow under JIRA 7.0 and it appears there's a bug on projects of type Software and Service Desk that still allows for inline-editing of fields even with that property set.

I've reported the bug here. I recommend you add yourself as a watcher on that to receive updates regarding it in the future.

Cheers!
Joao 

Charitha Tillekeratne October 28, 2015

Thank you for your response!

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2015

Fields that can be edited in-line are defined in the "Edit Screen" of your project Screen Scheme. So go in there and remove all the fields you don't like to be edited this way.

Suggest an answer