How to make existing fields editable using "Project Specific Select Field" plugin

Using "Project Specific Select Field" plugin we can create new fields which can be editable by project administrators. Is there a way that I can make existing field editable ?

2 answers

0 votes

You mean existing custom fields?

If so, then no. Your existing fields are custom field types which are not provided by this plugin. You'd need to convert them to the new types.

You can change custom field type from JIRA standard single and multi select to Project Specific Select Field since version 2.0. you can do this as described here https://confluence.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/158357, but please notice that this is not officially supported by Atlassian. Cheers, Holger
I will write some documentation in the Wiki of Project Specific Select Field next week to explain migration of existing JIRA standard single and multi select. Hope this will help you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

440 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you