How to make default Comments field mandatory in Worlflow transition

Nandeesh M S July 23, 2014

Hi,

When we add a screen to workflow transition comments field will appear by default. so how to make that default comment field mandatory for particular transitions? Pls help.

Pls find attachment

Thanks,

Nandeesh M S

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

Andrey i already tried this plugin. It is for omiting groups which dont want to add comments while transition.

I want to make default Comments field to be mandatory for particular transition Andrey.

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

You mean I need to add extra configuration feature?:-)
I will add it to queue. Good idea.

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2014

And why "Comment Validato" doesn't work? I don't understand I bit. You can not setup any groups and comment will mandatory for all users which perform current transition.

please refer screenshot Andrey...

2. When i select that next it will ask to select groups.

pls refer screen shot Andrey

1. i am selecting comment validator

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2014

Yes. I believe there is empty option. So if you set empty options the comment will be mandatory for all users in Jira.

Nandeesh M S July 24, 2014

Thanks a lot Andrey. It worked :)

0 votes
Sir Be July 23, 2014

I have done something quite similar (in Jira 4.2).

I have created a free-text custom field, and added that field to certain screens.

There are validators in the workflow that can check of certain fields are filled in.

Afterwards you can add a post function 'add comment from field' (don't know the exact name), where you can set the author and field.

Helpful?

Hi Sir Be thanks for you comment. I know to add extra custom field like comments but if we add extra filed also this default comment field will be visible. So totaly 2 comments fields will be visible. I dont want two comment fileds.

Sir Be July 23, 2014

That's a good point! :)

Suggest an answer