How to make close due dates more prominent on cards?

Jens Theisen September 26, 2017

I've created a business project and would like to have cards with a nearing due date highlighted more prominently.

Apparently, the project type knows only one built-in board that doesn't appear in the boards list, and I can't create a new board in the project either.

So - what can be done here? Do I have to change the project type to software for this to be possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Jens, create a new board from a project and select your business project.  Oncw the board is up, head over to Configure my Board and select Card Colors.  Base them on JQL Queries.  You can add a JQL like this: duedate >= -5d that will give you all issues on the board with a due date within the next 5 days.  Once added, the cards that meet this criteria will have a colorful stripe on the left side.

-pd

Jens Theisen September 28, 2017

I can choose between two board types: Scrum and Kanban.

For both, I get an error on trying to create one on a business project:

"The project must be a software project"

Is there another board type I have to activate somehow?

Jens Theisen October 1, 2017

It's possible that way, but the board has to live in a software project, even if it's filtered on tickets in the business project, in order for it to allow that kind of configurability.

Suggest an answer