How to make an issue type a children of an other issue type (like a story of an epic)?

Matti Popesku December 7, 2015

Hi there,

is it possible to create an issuetype that is able to stand alone and as a child of an other issue type?
For example like the issue type "Story" you can create a Story as a stand alone issue or you can create a Story as a child (sub-task) of an epic.

Thanks a lot for your ideas.
Best regards,
Matti

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2015

No.  An issue type is either a parent type or a sub-task type.  The closest you can get is to have one of each with slightly different names, but it's still two types.

However, the relationship between Epic and Story is not issue/sub-task, it's a separate function.  You can (sort of) have Epic -> Story -> Subtask

Matti Popesku December 7, 2015

Thank you. That's what I thought. But there was a little hope for a solution. May be I will recommend my coworkers to use linked issues instead.

0 votes
Abhipsa Mohapatra August 2, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Is there any way to create an issue under another issue-type through issue link or any other way?

example:

Bug : Parent Issuetype

Change Req: child issuetype

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2019

Yes, include "child issuetype" in the issue type scheme for the project.

Like francis_gaudreau likes this

Suggest an answer