How to make a sprint startable

Will August 3, 2014

I have 3 sprints planned and would like to start a different sprint that doesn't have the start link.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2014

Start link has the sprint which is on top of the planning board.

As I know it is not possible to reorder unstarted sprints.

I would recommend renaming those sprints and move related issues to proper new sprints as a workaround to reorder them that way.

You can also find another workarounds and similar change requests in Atlassian Jira.

Link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6131

Regards,
Florjan

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2014

Please have in mind that there are also other possibilities why is unpossible to Start Sprint.

• You can only start a sprint if there is no active sprint. While a sprint is active in Work mode, you can still plan subsequent sprints in Plan mode, but you won't be able to start one until the active sprint is completed. (You can, however, drag and drop an issue in Plan mode onto the active sprint.)
  • You will need to have the JIRA 'Administer Projects' permission in the project(s) whose issues are to be included in the new sprint. This means that if your board includes issues from multiple projects, you need to have the 'Administer Projects' permission in each of those projects.
  • Ranking must be enabled on the board.

Link to Atlassian documentation page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Starting+a+Sprint

Will August 4, 2014

Thanks for the info. That is a terrible solution but if it's the only way I guess that's the what I have to do. Thank you

Suggest an answer