How to make a sentence in JQL to gather all the tickets from last 7 days?

Belén Cimato September 21, 2022

I'm trying to create a filter to gather the tickets on the last week that was calificated in another custom field named Satisfaction Survey.

I'm using:

project = ARS AND "Satisfaction Survey[Radio Buttons]" in ("1", "2", "3", "4", "5")

In order to collect the last 7 days, I've tried adding:

project = ARS AND "Satisfaction Survey[Radio Buttons]" in ("1", "2", "3", "4", "5") AND updated >= "-7d"

But this brings all the modifications done in the tickets, and is not what I need.

What I really need to do is to collect the ones that them scores have been modified on that specific Satisfaction Survey field in the last 7 days.

Please, appreciate some help!

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hello @Belén Cimato 

Jira does not natively provide a method to filter based on the change dates for custom fields. You may find this feature available in third party apps that extend JQL functionality, available in the Atlassian Marketplace. I'm not aware of that specific feature being available, but that does not mean there is not an app that provides it.

Another option is to use an Automation Rule to detect changes in that custom field and to update another custom field with the date of the change. Then you could add that second custom "last changed" date field as criteria in that filter.

@Bill Sheboy describes that solution in his answer on this post.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/JQL-for-value-changed-in-custom-field/qaq-p/1552247

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events