How to make a project (and issues) visible to all Internal Staff

Baybars Kumbasar April 25, 2016

Hello,

I have  25 JIRA SD users as agents and I have about 50 internal people (employees) who are "customers" to a project. They open tickets through customer portal & email and see their issues through the customer portal under "my requests". I would like to allow all our employees at least read only rights and a search function to the issues under a certain project. I think there must be multiple ways to accomplish this but I want to know if anyone has implemented this and if so, what is their preferred method. 

Thanks,

Baybars 

1 answer

1 vote
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2016

At the moment I don't believe there is any simple way to make this happen in the customer portal. The only workaround would be to add all your 50 customers as request participants in all issues and that would be unmanageable I think.

So the only other option is to give these users JIRA Core/Software licenses and allow them to login and use the standard JIRA functionality to view the issues.

You also have the option of using the JIRA REST API and perhaps building a small webapp to display the data - in fact this is something I am working on and would be happy to share my ideas / screenshots offline.

Baybars Kumbasar April 27, 2016

Hey, thanks for the answer, I thought this would be something easy. Apparently not. I'm still doing some research on it. 

Suggest an answer