How to make a multi select custom field act as both single and multi select

Venkat Patchigolla February 22, 2016

Hi All,

We have a multi select custom field (say team) setup in jira. Now we want the field team to act as multi select for epic and single select for story and subtask.

How can I make one custom field to act differently based on issue type?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Venkat

1 answer

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

Why not use two different fields with different contexts? A Multi Select field with context  for epics and the Single Select field for story and subtasks.

Venkat Patchigolla February 22, 2016

Is there a script I can put in custom field description to alter the behavior.

Setting up two custom fields doesn't work in our case. Our requirement is to have only one field and we will pull out some reports based on that field.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2016

Maybe you can achieve something with Behavior (https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html) of the Scriptrunner add-on, but I haven't used it so far. So I won't be of any help in that case.

Venkat Patchigolla February 24, 2016

Hi Udo,

I tried this plugin with no luck.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2016

As I said I haven't used it so I can't help you with that one. Sorry.

Suggest an answer