How to make a field mandatory for only bug issue type for a specific project

Gnanabaskar September 27, 2022

Hi, 

I have to make Acceptance Criteria field mandatory for Bug Issue Type for a specific Project.

Current configuration of Acceptance Criteria mandatory field is only for Story Issue Type. If I add Bug Issue type to existing config it will affect all the associated projects. Please suggest how to achieve it.

Thanks

Baskar.

2 answers

4 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Can I have Different Required Fields for Different Issue Types?

Yes, as long as it is a different issue type. Required fields, at creation time are controlled by the field configuration scheme. That scheme is composed of one or more field configurations. Every issue type can have its own field configuration inside the field configuration scheme. If you have 5 issue types and 1 has special needs you create a field configuration for the 4 issue types and another for the 1 issue type. Then you combine them into a field configuration scheme and apply that to the project. When an issue is created, it looks for a field configuration for that issue type and uses it. If it doesn't find one it uses the default in the configuration scheme.  Copy/paste this link for more information. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-a-field-configuration-scheme-844500805.html

0 votes
Adriano Mendes [HeroCoders] September 27, 2022

Hi @Gnanabaskar 

My name is Adriano and I'm a Support Analyst at HeroCoders.

You can use our plugin Issue Checklist for what you are trying to achieve.

With it, you can create templates and associate a template to a specific issue type in your project settings. Please check the following example:

bugtype.jpg

You can also use a Jira automation that is capable to verify the project and issue type and after that, a checklist will be added to the issue. You can check this article for further information.

If you have additional questions about our app, please raise a support ticket with our Support Desk, we will be happy to help.

Thanks and Regards,

Adriano

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events