How to make a Resolution value as non-null Resolution value?

Bala Krishna November 4, 2012

Hi,

To support our project needs i added one resolution value " None" . when we set this value strikethrough appears on bug id.

Any solution to this issue??

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

When you add a value, even if it named 'None', it populates resolution and the issue will be treated as 'Resolved'. That is why you see the strokethrough.

You should leave the resolution empty.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2012

The solution is to use the system as designed. Remove the resolution value of "none", it's not very helpful and it's making Jira behave as though there is a resolution set.

I'd question why you think you want to add this value.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

You can change the word unresolved to none by modifying your language packs.

Bala Krishna November 6, 2012

well i wanted to have none resolution as a default value. i wasn't aware about unresolved resolution value.

I have a Q how to make this field as non mandatory field.

Bala Krishna November 6, 2012

okay so how abt make it as non mandatoroy..??

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2012

It is not possible to set the resolution as non-mandatory. You can add your comments and vote for this change at the following url.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7159

The resolution field is too intertwined in Jira and as Nic already stated you need to use this field as it was designed.

Suggest an answer