How to make a Change read only after approvals?

Deleted user December 5, 2017

We're using a modified version of the Change workflow and we'd like to be able to restrict the Change Issues to read-only after they have passed the approval process.  I tried searching on this topic and found some references to setting status/transition properties but nothing I've tried so far has worked.

Properties attempts thus far:
Key: jira.issue.editable     Value: False

Key: sd.issue.editable     Value: False

Key: servicedesk.issue.editable     Value: False

It doesn't make sense to me to allow the details of a Change to be modified after it has acquired all necessary approvals so this is a pretty big obstacle for us.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 6, 2017

I was able to find the solution to this problem.  Turns out I was very close from the beginning but the Value field is case-sensitive.  I was using "False" but it has to be "false". 

So in order to make an issue non-editable during a specific status then you'll need to add the following property to the workflow status:
Property Key:  jira.issue.editable  and the Property Value:  false

0 votes
Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

@[deleted]did you try conditions in workflow?.

Conditions setup in Jira workflow

@AshThanks for the reply.  I looked under Conditions on the transitions but didn't see anything that looked like it could make the issue fields read-only.  Can you suggest a solution via Conditions?

Didn't notice the linked video at first.  I just watched it but the problem I have isn't related to a transition.  The solution I'm trying to find is to make all Change requests read-only to everyone after it has been approved.  Right now I am able to edit all of the fields from the Agent view even after the request is Closed.  That would create a major audit risk for us.

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

@[deleted]looks like there is ticket in Jira https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-29091 which they say wont fix but see the comments there are some workarounds for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events