How to make Jira workflows visible for all users?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Several people asked where they can find the workflows on Jira, I was surpised to discover that these are not visible in the project view page.

How can I make them visible to use users?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

If I got you correct, you can make the workflow visible to the group/role on the View Issue Screen by granting the group/role permission - "View (Read-Only) Workflow".

You can find this permission under the Permission Scheme of your project under the Project Permission section. Just add the 'jira-users' group to this permissionand all users will be able to see the read-only form of the workflow.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

Altough this will alow people to see the workflow corresponding to the issuetype where he's at. Not all the workflows at once.

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

Hi,

Once the above mentioned permission is enabled, Workflow diagram will be available on the View Issue Screen (Next to Status) & not on the Project View Page.

Regards,

Chaithra

Suggest an answer