Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to maintain a child-parent relationship between a Story and Task like we have bwn task & subtask

I wanted to establish a child-parent relationship between task and story as we can maintain in subtask and task.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Adel Community Leader May 02, 2022

Hi @Vivek Garg  Welcome to the community 

no extra effort required as long as you can add subTask under story then it is automatically added with Parent/Child relation linkType. similar what you are doing with Task

Thanks 

Mohamed Adel 

Thanks @Mohamed Adel ... That is what my understanding as well but when i am creating the plan and in hierarchy selecting Feature to the subtask, it is not showing the task under the story otherwise everything else (Story under Feature, Subtask under Task) is showing correct mapping. Ex- IMG_8096.jpg

Mohamed Adel Community Leader May 02, 2022

Hi @Vivek Garg 

I'm sorry I read the question wrongly , Task & Story are in the same level and you can not add one of them under the other one. 

Thanks 

Mohamed Adel 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you