How to lock some issues in different projects from the access of certain group or users?

Darya_Koyfman May 12, 2017

We have JIRA issues that we don't want to show to users without a special approval. How would I do it?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2017
Darya_Koyfman May 12, 2017

Thank you Nic.

Is it possible to move certain issues (not users) to a "bucket" which some users won't have access to? I hope it's not a silly question.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2017

No, because issues live in projects, and one of the most important things a project does is provide consistent configuration of the behaviour of the contents.

I know what you are looking at when you say "bucket" and the simple answer is that you should consider a JIRA project to be the same thing as a bucket in the legacy systems you've got the idea from.  That will mean you don't need to worry about issue security schemes, and just get the permissions right.

Darya_Koyfman May 15, 2017

Nic, do I understand it right that there is absolutely no way to restrict access to certain issues in different projects to certain people? I checked JIRA Perfmissions and didn't find anything which could block the access to certain people.

Suggest an answer