How to lock down the configure button when trying to create a ticket?

Jeremy Price August 31, 2016

I want to lock down the fields when on the create screen for a ticket but I'm not sure how to do so. As you can see in the screen shot the exact button that I'm referring to. People in my company have different fields and I want to make sure that they can;t change this information anymore after I set it up if possible. Create issue JIRA.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
crochaju
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2016

At the moment, it's not possible to disable the Configure fieldsbutton, at least not at JIRA Cloud instances, as the existing workaround involves customizations that aren't available on the platform.

Any user is able to hide fields in JIRA screens; those selections are stored on the account level, and are applied next time they access the same screen. It's been requested that the button be made optional: JRA-27707; feel free to vote for the public ticket and share your remarks in comments. Until the feature is implemented, there's no way to hide the button in your instance.

I hope this answers your question! cheers!!!

Suggest an answer