How to list JIRAs moved to another projects??

Marcus Payman July 8, 2013

I need to calculate the ratio of bugs landed in my team but were moved to another team over the number of bugs that were filed against my team.

To do that, I have the following JQL:

issue in (PLT-2200, PLT-2201, PLT-2202, PLT-2203, PLT-2204, PLT-2205, PLT-2206, PLT-2207, PLT-2208, PLT-2209, PLT-2210) and type = Bug

However, Since PLT-2201 was moved to APP-2384, PLT-2203 moved to IT-12834, PLT-2209 moved to OPS-8938, the query fails.

Is there another way to list all the JIRAs that passed through my team, PLT, regardless whether these JIRAs remained in my team or ended up some where else?

Thank you

Marcus

6 answers

0 votes
Marcus Payman July 25, 2013

WHAT DOES IT STILL ASK ME TO ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION WHEN I ALREADY DONE IT TWICE???

0 votes
Marcus Payman July 25, 2013

I thought I already provided a resolution above

0 votes
Marcus Payman July 23, 2013

No meaningful answer provided. closing the question

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

add customfield something like "Previous Issue IDs " and append latest issuekey to that when the issue moved to other project by using listener(implement your login in move event)

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

@rambanam,

Here the problem is @marcus wants to see the new issue key(moved one) in search issue navigator not in some custom field.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

yes you are currect!, but later he can do search for old keys as

"Previous Issue IDs" ~ "PLT-2201"

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

@rambanam,

if there is a direct api from jira , then why to complicate the things :)

Marcus Payman July 16, 2013

Can not add a new field. I am not a system admin

0 votes
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Hi Marcus,

you can create a small JQL plugin to get the required result.

API : ComponentAccessor.getChangeHistoryManager().findMovedIssue(oldKey).

This plugin can be developed in no time.

0 votes
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

Use the JQL:

project in (PLT,APP,IT,OPS) and issuetype=Bug

Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2013

@ck,

how can you get APP-2384 issue as old key was PLT-2201

Marcus Payman July 16, 2013

Not applicable. It will return JIRAs from extraneous projects, eg, OPS, IT, ...

Suggest an answer