How to link sub-task in CSV import?

Vineet Kumar August 18, 2015

I have been trying to import issues with there respective subtasks through CSV import. the subtasks and issues are creating sucessfully but the link between them is missing.Can anyone suugest if i am missing something. Here is the attached csv file 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

When doing the import and selecting  the fields, you must map these two Atlassian System Fields to some field in your CSV. You will need to create one if that does not exist. These are the two fields:

• Parent Issue
  • Issue ID

Thanks for the response Timothy, i am still getting the below error. Issue 'BAGALL-3227' is not of a sub-task type (Subtask). It will NOT be a sub-task of the issue 'BAGALL-3226' These are my configurations: Issue ID -> Issue id Issue Type -> Issue Type Parent ID -> Parent id Status -> Status Story Points -> Story Points Summary -> Summary

Rahul K August 18, 2015

Check the issue type of BAGALL-3227. It should be a Sub-Task issue type.

Hi Rahul, the issue is a subtask type, we have a issueype named subtask which has been add as a subtask. so, i think it wont't be a problem.

Trang Tran June 22, 2017

Subtasks only need Parent ID specified. Issue ID column needs to be blank for subtask

Tecnologia September 28, 2018

"You have to define which CSV column maps to Issue Id if you want to import sub-tasks."

I'm lost now... 

Pouján (Jiralísta) June 25, 2019

Hi,
I tried both Issue Key and Issue id (from the target issue, when I'm importing sub-tasks) as Parent Id, but everytime it creates one sub-task and an identical task as the parent. It's very weired. Anyone has had the same problem?

0 votes
Emilio Silva March 27, 2019

Hi, i'm expect this thread still open. 

We're in JIRA cloud and i need to import a CSV with subtask (subtarea) so, i write in "ID del padre" column (parent ID) the task ID, that i uploaded earlier but when press the "validate" button, the result is: 

• Subtask 'Reuniones de coordinacion' doesn't have a valid Parent Id selection. Issue will not be created.

subtask.png

So, i need to ask. What's the correct Parent ID? 

eg. the Parent ID is "14283" (the number that JIRA assign to the task as ID) or PMIGR-1217.

Thanks in advance. 

Trang Tran March 27, 2019

try value of Key field for Parent ID

2019-03-28_11h34_35.png

if this is still not clear, try attach a screenshot of jira ticket here

Like # people like this
Emilio Silva March 28, 2019

Thanks, i'm try it and told you. 

Like Dan Collis likes this
Emilio Silva March 29, 2019

thanks, i've upload the file succesfully, from the options in

Settings -> System -> External System Import.

Suggest an answer