How to link permission scheme with issuetype

xinan liu September 13, 2015

I noticed that there's a permission :

Schedule Issues 

Ability to view or edit an issue's due date.
can restrict the ability to edit the issue's due date, but how to link it to a certain issutype?
 I want to make the bug's due date can not be edited by reporter, but other issuetype issues' due date can be edited by reporter.
How to do this?
Thanks very much!

2 answers

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2015

Instead of achieving this via permission scheme you can achieve the same behavior with workflow conditions.

Set up a transition on the same status (i.e. Open -> Open; In progress -> In progress ) and give permission only to reporter to perform the transition and then add transition screens with only the Due date field in it for these transitions. Of course you will need to remove the due date field from all other screens to disallow common users to update this. 

Also update issue type screen scheme so this condition only applies to Bug not to other issue types.

Pilar

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2015

You don't.  Permission schemes are handled at a project level, not issue.

Two options both involve using the workflow to do something differently for the issue type.  One is to do something quite sneaky with hidden fields and the workflow for that issue type, but it's really hard to get right and you need scripts.  The other is to remove the due-date from the edit screen for that issue type and add transitions that say "change due date", with conditions that say "only reporter"

Suggest an answer