How to link one gadget to another in JIRA

Madhu April 22, 2019

How can I make a gadget to display the results of a filter?

For example i have 5 filters, each with results of a project (columns display filed of interests). I want to show the 5 projects as hyperlinks (using Text gadget) and when one clicks on the hyperlink it should take them to the filter for that particular project.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2019

You could create 5 dashboards, each with the filters for the specific project. Then have your Text gadget on a primary landing page with links to each appropriate dashboard.

Madhu April 22, 2019

Thanks Derek! I tried that but when I click on the link, it shows the entire webpage for the dhasboard inside the space allocated to the gadget. Which kind of looks weird. 

Any other way?

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2019

Use the target attribute in your <a> tag. You can either overwrite the current window or force a new tab/window to open.

Like Suresh Kacharla likes this
Madhu April 22, 2019

Could you please give an example. I am using below:

<a href="url">Title </a>

Madhu April 22, 2019

I tried this but still its opening in the same gadget area.

<a href="url"> Title </a>
<base target="_parent">

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2019

try this: 

<a href="url" target="_parent">Title</a>
Madhu April 23, 2019

Thanks so much! it worked. 

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2019

Can you indicate that this was solved by changing the title and marking it as solved? That will help others

Madhu April 24, 2019

Sure! 

Suresh Kacharla June 29, 2021

I could not find the Text Gadget in JIRA. Any other Gadget that works in similar way?

Like Rick Olson likes this

Suggest an answer