How to link jira 6.3.1 to crucible 3.3.1.

Chris Gray October 15, 2014

Recently upgraded my JIRA instance, and now my application link is not working properly.  I have a separate machine running Crucible 3.3.1, with a separate set of users, and every time I try to set up a link, I get error messages saying that the JIRA machine cannot get information from the Crucible machine.  

Are there any straightforward instructions on how to set up this kind of link?  The instructions I've found have not matched the experience I get during the process.

1 answer

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2014

Creating an Application Link should be pretty straight forward.

Can you check independently that the JIRA machine can ping the Crucible machine? Could there be a firewall between the two, or a networking issue preventing JIRA from seeing Crucible ?

Other things to try:

1. Delete the Application Link from both the JIRA instance, and the Crucible instance.
  2. Try adding the link from Crucible to JIRA. Ensure you are using the URL for JIRA which Crucible can access.
  3. You can enable HTTP Trace debug logging in Crucible, Admin > Server settings > Debug loggin > Check "Include network traffic"
  4. Then try and create the link again. The Crucible logs will then contain exactly which requests are being made and to where. This may help you work out what is causing the problem.

Suggest an answer