How to link issue on Create screen?

salman_kagzi May 1, 2014

Is it possible to link an issue to another issue when creating it?

I have been thorugh attlassian documentation and cant find anything to do this. Is there a custom field out there which could make this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2014

You don't need a custom field.

Add the "linked issues" field to the create screen. It's a recent addition, I'm never too sure of exact versions, but I think you need to be on Jira 6.1 or above to get it.

salman_kagzi May 1, 2014

Ooh. I did'nt know about that. Its there for me in Jira 6.1.2

Is it possible to change this field to list only a specific link type? And make it mandatory as well?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2014

No, it's there to allow any type of link to be created (you might be able to change the default, or remove extra options with a bit of javascript though)

It's not possible to make it mandatory - it's not really a "field" in Jira, it's a neat trick to add links. But, you could add validators I think - just one that says "issue has at least one link"

Vineela Durbha February 17, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I am currently on jira 7.6. How to find linked issues field? I am new to Jira and I am not finding it. Can you help me find the same?

Suggest an answer