How to link existing Jira tickets in porfolio 2.0

Roman Baranov June 7, 2016

Hello,

With the new JIRA porfolio if i create "Scope" items but not commit them, is there any way to link the items to existing JIRA tickets?  Old potfolio lets you do this and in new one, i don't see a way and once you commit, it forces you to create a new ticket id, so now i have dupes.

Any ideas?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2016
Hey Roman, 
It is partly possible to link uncommitted issues to JIRA tickets depending on what your intended use case is. 
if you intend to create an association link (e.g relates to) between an uncommitted issue and an existing JIRA ticket then this isn’t possible. Uncommitted issues don’t actually exist as issues in JIRA and therefore cannot be linked through JIRA.
If you want to create a dependency link (similar to 'required by’ in old portfolio) then you can add a dependency link in Portfolio between an uncommitted issue an existing one in JIRA. When you calculate your plan it will accommodate the dependency link. Note that this link will not be integrated with JIRA until you commit the issue creation and the dependency link in Portfolio.
You can do this by clicking the issue key and adding a dependency to the issue detail view.

Suggest an answer