How to link clients to projects for budgeting tasks

Florian Stegmaier December 6, 2019

Hi all,

within our company we are structuring large pieces of work into Jira projects to be also able to close them properly after a certain amount of time.

For budgeting reasons we would like to link the projects with commisions of our customers. We could do this by labeling all tickets in an automatic way using worflow transitions, but this is not very convinient.

Ideally, i could select one predefined client / commisio label (e.g., from a dropdown) for a complete project to base tempo reports on it. The actual budgeting is then done offline so having proper tempo reports are fine with me.

I already stumbled over the plugin profields, but i am not sure if this is far over the top for my use case.

Has anybody an idea how to to do this properly?

Cheers.

1 answer

0 votes
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2019

Hi @Florian Stegmaier ,

You might be able to use Tempo Accounts to do this. Customers can be linked to several Accounts, but each Account can only be linked to one Customer

When you create a new Project, link an Account to it and add the Tempo Account custom field to the Issue view. When a new issue is created in the Project, the Account is automatically set on the it ( if only one Account is linked). If more than one Account is linked to the Project, it is possible to set one of them as default. The default Account will then be set unless a different one is selected.

It is possible to create Tempo Reports based on the Account set on issues or by Customer.

Please take also a look at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/296649277/Managing+Accounts+-+Tempo+Server  and sub-pages for more information.

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Suggest an answer