How to link a group (default users) to multiple permission schemes?

Simon Teppett May 8, 2014

Hi - I have spent ages going round and round trying to do this. I'm sure it is something stupid that I am not doing right.

I have 3 permission schemes - one is generic for all projects and 2 are project specific.

We previously used a group called Everyone which I can see has all 3 permission schemes associated with it

I am now trying to return to using the group "default users" which is happily associated with the default permission scheme - but I can't for the life of me work out how to add the other 2 permission schemes.

Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated

Thanks

Simon

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by "link" or "add" the schemes?

I think it might be easier to think of it in a different way - groups are used by permission schemes. When you add a new permission into a permission scheme, one of the options is to "use this group in this permission". Is that what you're trying to do?

By the way, I recommend avoiding using groups in permissions. Ideally, you should use roles in permission schemes, then to use a group, you can add it in the project (which makes it really easy for projects to share permission schemes while maintaining their own group access rights separately)

Suggest an answer