How to link Crucible review to JIRA issue?

Mikhail Kononov August 7, 2012

I have JIRA and Crucible integrated all right (at least, it seems so). When I create a Crucible review I suppose to see any option to link it with a JIRA issue but I see none. I have read the question by Ilya; he had more advanced problem. I cannot find no hint in the documentation. Can anybody help me?

TIA

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Quick steps:

• Application links between JIRA and Crucible
  • Project Mapping in JIRA
  • Sub task type mapping in case u need to create issues.

And what does the atlassian-jira and crucible logs say?

Mikhail Kononov August 9, 2012

Thanks Renjith

I have to investigate mapping

1 vote

My problem was that I didn't have a link between my JIRA project and my Crucible project.
To solve this, I did these steps:

1. Went to <tt>FishEye Administration >> Project Settings >> Projects</tt>

2. Clicked on <tt>Application Links</tt> operation on the corresponding <tt>CR-RVC</tt> project (it was far left, out of visible screen border)

3. Clicked on <tt>Add Link</tt>, on the top right corner of the screen

4. Selected my JIRA instance in the dropdown

5. Type my JIRA project key

6. Clicked on <tt>Create</tt> button

After that, I got the <tt>Linked Issue</tt> field to edit the review and linked my review to the proper JIRA issue.

0 votes
LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

Hi Kosolap,

When applications are integrated to link a review with a JIRA issue you just have to create a review (in crucible) then click on EDIT DETAILS, put issue name in the review title and like the issue in LIKED ISSUE option in the bottom of the window as you can see at this document.

I hope this is what you're looking for.

Cheers,

Leonardo.

Thanks, Leonardo.

My problem is that I see no LINKED ISSUE option on the page, just LINKED REVIEW.

0 votes
LeonardoL
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

Hi Kosolap,

When applications are integrated to link a review with a JIRA issue you just have to create a review (in crucible) then click on EDIT DETAILS, put issue name in the review title and like the issue in LIKED ISSUE option in the bottom of the window as you can see at this document.

I hope this is what you're looking for.

Cheers,

Leonardo.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2012

How is crucible configured and how is Jira configured? To only allow mapped projects? If so, you'll need to map them.

Thanks. I have to investigate mapping.

Suggest an answer