How to limit number of fields returned?

Duc Nguyen August 17, 2017

I was able to limit the number of fields returned via JQL but some of the fields are not being returned.  

For example:

project=ABC&fields=created,reporterdisplayname,assigneedisplayname,summary,description,priorityname,statusname,statusstatuscategoryname,duedate,resolutiondate

The above example returned some of the fields but fields such as reporterdisplayname and assigneedisplayname ae not returned.  

Can anyone help me know how to pull these fields as I do not want all 500 fields returned.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2017

Hi Duc

You say its JQL, but the format of your example looks like the JQL bit appended to a REST API call (your question wasn't that clear about it).

The reporter name and display name are not at the main level within the JSON, it is usually something like reporter.name. Your best bet is to get all 500 fields for one issue, format it in a JSON formatter like this and find the fields that you're interested in. Your JQL bit then only needs to refer to the parent level item e.g. reporter

i hope that this helps

Duc Nguyen August 18, 2017

Thank you for your quick response!

Duc Nguyen August 18, 2017

Can you advise if the url to use to get all fields in a project is the first example on this page

Suggest an answer