How to limit browse user rights in JIRA 7

Yuan Luo March 14, 2016

Hi Folks,

I tested JIRA 7 and noticed that I was not able to limit the browse user rights like I wanted. Please check the description below.

image2016-3-15 10:47:49.png

3 answers

2 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2016

Hi Kimmo,
You will find this permission under the project permissions, not under the global permissions where I think you have been looking now.
When logged in on JIRA, perform the following steps:

• In the top right corner, click the cog wheel, and navigate to JIRA Admin
  • In the next screen, under the Projects section, follow "All Projects" and select the relevant project in the next screen
  • In the following screen, look up the section "Permissions", and select the permission scheme that currently is assinged to this project
  • In the next screen, under the section "Issue Permissions" you will see the "Assignable User" option.
  • Under the button "Actions" towards the top right of the screen, you can edit the permission scheme and add/remove entities to the relevant permissions.

Note, Permission Schemes can be used for multiple projects, so be aware if you make changes to one, it might impact other projects as well. If you do not want this to happen, first assign a copy of the current permission scheme to the project, before making the edits.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

The drop down you have indicated is for searching for users in any project, so it won't shorten the list.  Note that you can blank out the project and hence it needs to be able to show all users.

0 votes
Yuan Luo March 15, 2016

Hi,

I did not help. I still can see the for example "customer 2" from project 1 even if this user has not any role in project 1. 

I set my permissions for assignable user such that there's no one there.

image2016-3-15 12:26:17.png

I have been using JIRA for many years. We have 4.x version in production and this issue doesn't exist in that version.

Regards,

Kimmo

Suggest an answer