How to limit access to JIRA user server behind Apache SSL proxy?

Roland Lindner August 15, 2013

When configuring JIRA user server I can define IP-Adresses which can access the user server. When JIRA is running behind an Apache SSL proxy, i have to put the IP-Adress of the proxy in there. But then everyone coming over the proxy server can access the JIRA user server. Is there any option to check for the forwarded-for-IP or do I have to configure this limitation on the apache? Any recommendations how to do that?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Hi Roland,

JIRA doesn't have the option to check the forwarded-for-IP, it's something that currently you can configure only in your proxy.

However, JIRA user server functionality is one of the features in JIRA that not necessarily needs to pass through the proxy. If your applications are on the same network, you can connect to JIRA directly via Server_IP:Port and define the direct IP of the other application in JIRA.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer