How to know whether an issue is related to an Epic FROM JIRA (JQL)?

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Hi,

For example, I created and Epic issue (SSP-30) with the "XXX" label and related some other issues.

Geeting all the issues related to that Epic is easy if you know the Epic label:

1. "Epic Label" in ("XXX") -> returns SSP-30 (only the Epic not its related issues).

2. "Epic Link" = SSP-30 -> returns the related issues by the "XXX" label.

But... and the REVERSE WAY?

If I got an issue SSP-58 how can I inquire whether it contains the Epic Label "XXX" so it is releted to the SSP-30 Epic issue? From the Epic Panel is trivial, I know. But from JIRA?

Many thanks,

Pablo

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Unfortunately there's no way to do this at present, we'd like to add this in the future.

Thanks,
Shaun

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2012

Humm... and any alternative by using the Greenhoper REST API?

1 vote
Ian D November 16, 2012

AFAIK, only a custom script, or commercial plugin like jql-tricks provides that level of query power. More info: http://www.j-tricks.com/jqlt-usage.html (scroll down to the "linkedAllIssues()" ... something like that may assist out-of-the-box). I had a requirement for something they didn't support and I emailed them, and was stunned to find they just had updated the package and made it available within days :)

Disclosure: I'm just a regular Jira Joe - no association to Atlassian or j-tricks etc.

Suggest an answer