How to know if a JIRA plugin is being used

Hi,

I have a plugin that provides gadgets. However, I don't if this plugin is actually being used by some users or not.

Is there any query where I can find if there are instances of gadgets provided by this plugin?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Gadget types are identified by a FQN like string like "com.whatever:mygadgetname".

If I were you:

1. Try to find which database table contains the dashboard to gadget instances relations
  2. Filter through that for gadget type you are after

I don't know the details of the underlying database schema, and the relations may be more complicated than what I suggest above, but the method I suggest should work regardless.

Actually I got a tip  and this do the trick:

SELECT portalpage, gadget_xml, count(*) FROM portletconfiguration WHERE gadget_xml LIKE '%YOUR-PLUGIN-KEY%' GROUP BY portalpage, gadget_xml;

Cool, then mark this answer with the checkmark so that future users will find the solution.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

588 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you