How to know if a JIRA plugin is being used

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2017

Hi,

I have a plugin that provides gadgets. However, I don't if this plugin is actually being used by some users or not.

Is there any query where I can find if there are instances of gadgets provided by this plugin?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

Gadget types are identified by a FQN like string like "com.whatever:mygadgetname".

If I were you:

1. Try to find which database table contains the dashboard to gadget instances relations
  2. Filter through that for gadget type you are after

I don't know the details of the underlying database schema, and the relations may be more complicated than what I suggest above, but the method I suggest should work regardless.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2017

Actually I got a tip  and this do the trick:

SELECT portalpage, gadget_xml, count(*) FROM portletconfiguration WHERE gadget_xml LIKE '%YOUR-PLUGIN-KEY%' GROUP BY portalpage, gadget_xml;
Like # people like this
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

Cool, then mark this answer with the checkmark so that future users will find the solution.

Tahmina Khan May 29, 2019

I have attempted to use the above query to find what plug-ins are being used but unable to. Can you explain how that query works?

Suggest an answer