How to know how many issues were reopened for user?

Kamei Eri May 21, 2012

The easy answer would be "use status WAS reopened" but it doesn't help me in the case that a particulary issue were reopened several times for different users. So I need to know how many reopened issues have each user.

For example if a issue were reopened 2 times for different users then my result should be

USER REOPENED

==============

User1 1

User2 1

If I export to xml a result from a filter it doesn't help me either because it doesn't have an history of the issue in order to know who was the user responsable to the reopened.

Any suggestion?

4 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

I guess you got multiple solutions from your other closed thread - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/126139/reopened-statistics (just create a custom field and store the value while resolving (or in which ever status you want to capture) an issue)

0 votes
GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Any complete solution?

Thanks

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Just to clarify, are you saying that you want to collect data for issues that were reopened, but what you want to know is of those reopened issues, the person who reopened it, and if was reopened multiple times, know all the different people who reopened it?

I can't think of a way to do it from your example, but what you could do (mind you this is most plausible if you have a small user base) is search:

status WAS "Reopened" by user1

You could run the search for each user and find a way to compare the results (merging exported excel sheets?). Not optimal, but possible.

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Hi Nat,

1. Using your query I get the issueus that were reopened, no matter what their status is.

2. How do I know who is the developer that resolved the bug that was reopened by QA?

Thanks,

Janiv

Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Hi,

If you want to modify it to also be at a status (I'm assuming you were thinking Reopened for that as well?), then:

status = "Reopened" AND status WAS "Reopened" by user1

As for #2, there's no easy way I can think of; you would have to look at the history of the issue, or again you would have to do another search using this query, and then find a way to merge the data with the previous results to get everything in the same place:

status = "Reopened" and status WAS "Resolved" by developer1

It's worth noting that, although it won't help with data you already have, for the future you could use some tricks with scripts and/or plugins to collect that data in a way that is more easily searchable.

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2013

Hi Kamei,

Using the issue navigator, or JQL in the issue navigator will only net you the tickets that were re opened, and each one as a single line item. Unfotunately, there is no way to show the count of how many times they were re opened, or to have them show as multiple line items in the issue navigator. You may be able to grab this data using the REST API though:

http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

Cheers,

Gary

Suggest an answer