How to know assignee history of a certain jira ticket?

Carmela November 5, 2017

I what table can I find it? Seems that when I map changeitem and changegroup tables, it only shows the latest assignee not including the previous assignees. To add, newstring and oldstring capture details not related to the ticket. Thanks in advance.

3 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

The database is not designed for reporting in any shape, and there is almost certainly a much better way to do what you want.  Not finding the data you expect in tables is the whole point - you should be doing this reporting via the API.

The history tab, as Edwin points out, is accurate, showing the changes from and to for every field - that's mostly held in changeitem, but the first change of some fields may be missing from the tables.

I'd strongly recommend you do your reporting via the screens or API, not the database.

0 votes
Answer accepted
edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2017

Hi Carmela,

On the ticket itself there is a History tab under Activity that shows assignee changes.

0 votes
Carmela November 7, 2017

Thanks for the advise :)