How to keep track of the time between open and qualified?

Maxence Capdeville June 22, 2015

Hi,

When I am extracting the report of all the tickets created for a certain period I do not find in the excel file the time tracking.

For example I am looking for the creation date of the ticket (I got that one) and the date someone qualified the ticket (I don't have this information). I thought "Date of First Response" was the date someone qualified or commented the ticket, but it is not.

So, do you have any solution to advise me?

Thank you for you help!

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2015

Hi Maxence, 

To achieve that I believe that you can create a custom field that will capture the data from when someone changed the issue status. 

E.g.:

1. Create a new custom field: Got Qualified
  2. Check whether you have JIRA Suite Utilities enabled on your instance (it's a free add-on you can find at Manage Add-ons)
  3. Visit the workflow of your project 
  4. Select the transition where you'd like for this to happen (e.g.: Open -> Qualify) and add a post-function "Update Issue Custom Field" on this transition
    1. On Issue Custom Field: Got Qualified
    2. Custom Field Value: %%CURRENT_DATETIME%%
    3. Add
  5. Next, publish the changes you've made on the workflow

As for now, every time that issues pass by these transitions, that field will be set and you will have the required information. Been able to manipulate this data when exporting all fields to excel. smile

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Suggest an answer