How to keep track of reproductibility by browser version with JIRA?

At this moment I do have only one team that needs this and they have a multi-select with these values inside:

• IE 5.5 (disabled)
  • IE 6 (disabled)
  • IE 7 (disabled)
  • IE 8
  • IE 9
  • IE 10
  • IE 11
  • Firefox 2
  • Firefox 3
  • Chrome
  • Opera
  • Safari
  • Safari (iOS)
  • Firefox

As you can see this can easily became obsolete and hard to maintain, with new browser versions appearing every other day. Firefox is already version 30, Chrome is 35,...

How would you see it better implemented so this field can be used by any project that has a web interface.

Obviously I would suggest them on documenting the version inside Environment text field, but this would not allow proper filtering.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Jul 13, 2014

Sorin,

You could explore more on this using the Label type of custom fields as they will alow users to add the versions by themselves. Of course, this would remove you the ability to maintain the CF values sane.

;)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

144 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you