How to keep same set of story for Two project

shubham patni April 3, 2016

In a situation, For a product  but for two different Dev-platform I have created two different project. Since project requirement is not even bit different, so is there way to keep same set of story shared across project and this should be closed separately cheeky.

I have idea to put board-filter for already create project-stories so can keep same board to track multiple project status, but not mentioned above.

Any suggestion.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user April 4, 2016

Assuming two different projects, two different assignees, two different deliverables, etc...

Clone the story and assign the clone to the other project. Good news is they will be linked automatically.

And yes, you can create a board to see both stories across both projects.

shubham patni April 4, 2016

Great smile I saw option under "More Action" for cloning...but not sure how it work. I'll check and let you know.

Deleted user April 4, 2016

I should warn you that this approach comes with a price - you'll now have to maintain both stories with any changes to requirements, etc... as they are two different objects (not that that ever happens wink).

Another solution solution is to put the info into an EPIC and define a story attached to it for each environment. Use the EPIC to define/hold common information and use the stories to hold information specific to a given implementation. This reduces the maintenance overhead.

Another approach I hesitate to mention but will, would be to create subtasks in the same story for each environment and assign them to the different teams (kind of a lower level implementation of the EPIC approach) - not the best solution as subtasks are limited compared to Stories... 

Hope this is more helpful than confusing. Let me know how it works out for you.

Yes, let me know if I'm wrong here.."You mean to create Two different story for feature I'll have and then create two different sprint each for Team and then track it"".

I tried to clone and then move it's working #Thanks. Do you have any idea how to clone Stories in Bulk?

Other then I'm not sure how efficient to use what you suggest, use same project and create duplicate story in same and bifurcate basis on EPIC-platform based.

Suggest an answer