How to keep linked issues id once data is moved to other instance

Sara Lam August 14, 2014

Hello,

We have a project (something like service desk ticket) that has relatively high volume. We can archive the data into another JIRA instance only for this high volume project following the instructions

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup

However, some of the tickets are linked to other projects. Once I moved data to the archived instance, the issue links will not exist anymore. Is there a way to store (even in text) the linked issue IDs in another field? Like a scripted field? How do other companies deal with this situation? I believe the change history of the ticket still have the linked issue IDs but how can I extract the data in Navigator?

Thank you for your help,

Sara

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sara Lam August 26, 2014

I use changeHistoryManager in a script field to get the history. (Thanks to Script Runner)

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.history.ChangeItemBean

def componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()

def changeHistoryManager = componentManager.getChangeHistoryManager()

def ch = changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "Link")

if (ch) {

return ch as String

}

else {

return null

}

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

We had a set of similar requests in our practice. We do the following: create the text custom field, store value there using the script runner (the value highly depends on requirement). Then make the import of the project with that custom field, and then write a script that will convert the data at that field into proper value.

Sara Lam August 20, 2014

Alexey,

Thank you so much for your pointer. I'll have to learn how to store the link value into a text custom field.

Sara

Suggest an answer