How to keep a static list of issues in Jira

Fredrik Spadaro August 16, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to create a list of static issues that I'd like my project counterpart to prioritize. 

Is it possible to track certain issues in Jira in a static filter?

Regards,

Fredrik

4 answers

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

In your case you can also do something like this: when you have your issues filtered, just show only key column to easily select issue keys. And then paste in to the filter. 

BTW Nic is right, the labels are intended exactly for it.

0 votes

Unfortunately I'm not allowed (way of working) to add my own labels to specific issues :(

Regards,

Fredrik

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

That's a shame, because this is exactly what labels are intended for.

0 votes

Yes, sort of.

Do you know if there is an easier way to add an issue to the filter than editing the filter itself (by adding key = xxx) for every single issue)?

Regards,

Fredrik

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

You could label them and search for that.  It's a bit less "static", but does the job.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

You need some other identifier which can be used for the query. I have had success adding a specific label or component, then my filter can be labels = MyLabel. As long as an issue has the label, it will show in the filter.

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2017

Hi Frederik,

do you need a filter like "key in (TEST-25, TEST-24)" ?

Suggest an answer