How to keep JIRA and JIRA Portfolio synced with deletions?

Martim Schnack January 9, 2015

I've created a Plan using JIRA Portfolio for my company. After sending the updates to projects, we decided to change the priority of a few items, and even remove items from our plan. When I deleted the items from Portfolio, the items remain in JIRA (even in the Sprint).

How can I make sure the syncing works, and when items are removed from the plan they also get removed from JIRA? And vice-and-versa?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2015

Hi Martim, unfortunately there is currently no good solution to keep deletions in sync - in Portfolio, a delete is rather understood as "remove from this plan", as the same issue could be linked into multiple plans, so we certainly would not want to delete it. The option to re-sync and remove it from a sprint is something we plan as part of a deeper integration with JIRA Agile (syncing sprints, keeping priority ranks in sync), right now you can only work with fixversions/releases, but also this approach would be limited to instead of deleting from portfolio assign it to e.g. a dedicated version that you sync back to the issues, and then do a bulk change in JIRA on the issues with this assigned version. Certainly only a workaround until we have a native sync for sprints. 

1 vote
Shaq January 3, 2016

Does this work the other way around? If an issue is deleted from JIRA, will it get deleted from Portfolio on the next Plan Update?

Suggest an answer