How to join together all applications or, at least, all users?

George Tincea August 29, 2016

It is possible to integrate in the same database and maybe access from the same url/port all applications?

Or maybe make them use the same users?

Now I have Core, Software, Service desk installed on the same server and accessible using different ports.

When I access a page from another application, I get logged off from the previous and I waste half of the time to continuously log on because I need to switch between them.

I have tried to install Service Desk as an add-on as instructed in the help here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/install-jira-service-desk-754977219.html

Unfortunately, I found no add-on, and the bin file that I downloaded from the site seems not to be a correct add-on file. 

Or, is there a step-by-step installation guide for all of them as a whole and not separately?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

Er, Service Desk and Software are applications that run on top of JIRA Core.  You can install Core and then add the two applications, although an easier route is to download Software (which is Core with Software bundled into it already), then go to "manage applications" and add Service Desk to it.

This way, you have one JIRA system running on one server:port, with all three sets of functions.

George Tincea August 29, 2016

Can they be also integrated with Confluence?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

Of course - Confluence is a separate system, but it integrates well with JIRA.

Suggest an answer