How to intregrate Jira bug creation with Confluence and Confluence Answers?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2014

I would like to know how can I implement a simiar integration between Jira and Confluence as the one from support.atlassian.com?

I am interested in searching existing bugs, articles and q&a and showing them before someone will open a new bug.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

JIRA Service Desk allows you to link to a KNowledge Base space in Confluence.

Users will get suggetsed documents and answers as they type input details.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk?section=userexperience

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2014

That's a huge problem as this would require us to acquire the Service Desk extension just to improve the bug raising process a little bit.

We do not use Jira as a Service Desk.

We have a unlimited user license so the price of the Service Desk extension would be astronomical: $18000, just for improving the bug raising process a little bit, with similar existing bugs, similar questions or articles.

EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2014

You asked how they do it...

You could certainlty write your own plugins to do the same. The APIs and applinks are very easy to build on.

Suggest an answer