How to integrate multiple Atlassian applications?

Young__Hahn May 5, 2015

I am currently working on integrating multiple Atlassian applications, and I cannot find the documentation for integrating ALL applications. 

Only few integration documents are there to connect 2 applications together.. but not all of them..

Also some integration documentation is unclear. 

For example, JIRA and Crowd integration documentation is very unclear to me..

It said I have to create a directory in Crowd for JIRA but all of a sudden asking for Group which doesn't even exists... 

Can someone help me with integrating Multiple Atlassian applications? 

I am currently trying to use JIRA, Confluence, Stash, and Crowd for testing. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2015

The reason there isn't much of a "integrate them all" guide is that it's not really that useful a concept.  Each "integration" has specific uses, and it's up to the end users to decide which ones they want or need.

As an example, Crowd works with all of them, because it can be used to provide a centralised user management system.  But there's not a huge amount of use in integrating Confluence and Stash - it doesn't do a lot.  But Stash with JIRA does loads of useful things.  Possibly.  We don't know if they're of any use to you.

On a specific issue, what do you mean by "Crowd suddently asking for group that doesn't exist"?  What have you actually done so far?

0 votes
Mumo Systems May 5, 2015

To intergrate JIRA, Confluence and Stash you need to use Application links. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Linking+to+Another+Application

Crowd is a user management and Single SignOn tool. Integration with Crowd is a little more involved. There is some pretty good documentation her on how to go about it. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Adding+an+Application 

Suggest an answer