How to integrate Two workflows in a Single Project based on Issue Type?

Sathish ISGN July 10, 2014

Hi Friends

How to integrate two workflows in a single project based on issue types.

Kindly Response ASAP.

Thanks in Advance

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2014

Depends on what you mean by "integrate".

An issue type in a project can only have one workflow. So, if by "integrate" you mean you want to use two different workflows, you can't - you need to have two different issue types. If you mean you want to merge them though, then you need to come up with a new workflow that implements all the routes you might take through the process and consider blocking/allowing transitiosn with conditions.

Hi Nic,

Actually I am having Test as a single project now i want to invoke 2 different workflows for the issue type bug and story in a "Test Project".

Is it Possible to invoke,if possible means kindly give a steps to invoke

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2014

Oh, I see, standard usage.

Assuming you've got "bug workflow" and "story workflow" already set up, then create a "workflow scheme", and set it up to say "for bugs use bug-workflow" and "for stories use story-workflow". Then associate it with the project.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflowand look at the pages under it as well.

I tried Nic it was saying, There are 420 sub-tasks that will be affected by this change. You must have at least one valid sub-task issue type.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2014

That's not a workflow change.

This error is you trying to change the issue type scheme. It means what it says - you're trying to change from a scheme that has sub-tasks to one that does not. You can't do that unless you convert all the sub-tasks to top level issues. Either do that, or add at least one sub-task type into the new scheme.

Suggest an answer