How to integrate JIRA with OpenLDAP

Onno van der Straaten October 25, 2012

I'm trying to connect JIRA to OpenLDAP directory on Ubuntu. Documentation and internet don't provide enough information on how this can be achieved.

I can't seem to pass the "Test retrieve user ". The user exists in LDAP and I have already used the account in Jenkins which I connected to OpenLDAP in no time. The process in JIRA seems more 'involved' than in Jenkins.

To troubleshoot this problem I think I have to go into JIRA debugging mode which I have no experience with as first timeuser. There is no way of knowing how JIRA is searching for users. There are some clues of course.

• User Object Class
  • User Object Filter

User Object Class is default filled with inetorgperson. In my directory my users have initOrgPerson. So I corrected this. User Object Filter was default (objectclass=inetorgperson) I think. Also wrong. Grasping at straws I tried several things for example (uid=*)

Jenkins uses uid={0} as default. Which works. So it seems that JIRA is using something else than uid. But what is it?

1 answer

1 vote
Onno van der Straaten October 25, 2012

I managed to pass the first test with the following settings. So what I needed to do was change the Name from cn to uid.

User Object Class: inetorgperson

User Object Filterl: (objectclass=inetorgperson)

Name: uid

Suggest an answer