How to integrate HipChat or other Chat system into a Jira issue?

Avi Ziv January 19, 2015

I need to integrate a Chat system within a JIRA issue, and not as separated room.

I saw an example of this integration for HipChat ("JIRA HipChat Discussions"), but only  for Cloud.
I need something like this for Server version.

Any proposal?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

Depends on what you mean by the integration. There are existing Hipchat plugins for server version but they don't show embedded chat like the above mentioned add-on. You will have to develop one like that, if needed.

Alex July 10, 2017

Can I confirm that there is still not a way to view Hipchat correspondence from within JIRA if the chat took place in that specific issue's room? It would be nice to have all issue correspondence viewable without leaving JIRA.

Thanks!

0 votes
Janene Hoffmann January 30, 2015

Is the server version going to be developed? (like the JIRA HipChat Discussions for Cloud)
There are many of us in the server community that could use this and as we typically don't develop our own plug in applications (which is why we have Atlassian products in the first place).

Many of us can use the Server versions - please!!

Suggest an answer