How to install QuickEdit and IssueNav for Jira Scripting Suite(JSS)

Josefine Stål September 2, 2015

I have installed JSS in JIRA  but does not manage to install the patched versions of QuickEdit and IssueNav. In this link https://bitbucket.org/quisapps/jss/wiki/Global%20Issue%20Edit%20Validation%20&%20Post-function it says that I can use UPM, but I couldn't find the correct plug-in's? And if I download the jar-files, I'm not sure where to save(or unpack) them? 

At the moment I'm using a local JIRA server created with the 'atlas-run-standalone --product jira' command in cmd. I have admin-rights.

How can I fix this? 

Many thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2015

If the UPM is not showing the add-ons you are looking for, then it's likely that they are not available for your version of the software.  You can check the versions by looking in the marketplace directly.

If they seem to be correct, or you want to risk an unsupported add-on (hint: don't), once you've downloaded the jar, there is a link in the UPM for "upload addon" which lets you install them directly.

Maybe I've missunderstood what UPM stands for. Is it Universal Plugin Manager? I can see that plug-in in the marketplace, but I thought that they were the same somehow? That I should search in the marketplace for new add-ons? When I manage the jss plug-in and enter the module drop-down I can see both QuickEdit and IssueNav, and they are both disabled. But i guess it is not enough to press enable? since I didn't see any change in the JSS installer tab after I've enabled them.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2015

No, sorry, I should have said Universal Plugin Manager. The UPM is built into all Atlassian applications, and yes, it does appear on the Marketplace too, but mainly so you can see and get new versions if needed. The important thing is that the UPM uses the same source - if you use it to install an addon, it's still going off to the Marketplace website and fetching the same files. The Marketplace will list everything available, but the UPM simplifies it and only shows you stuff that is flagged as valid for the application it is running inside. But it still has a link for "upload" if you want to try something. Anyway, you say you go in to "manage" the jss add-on and look at the modules, that tells us that they are installed ok. But what happens when you click "enable"? They should become enabled, when you refresh the page if they are working, or should give you an error if they fail to enable.

when I click 'enable' when managing the jss addon, they are enabled successfully(I get a confimation message and I see that all modules are enabled.) But if I go to the Global Edit Portfunction to write a script I get a message saying "Global Edit Validation & Postfunction scripts are disabled due to installation problem: incompatible Quick Edit plugin." So I have the wrong version I guess? I also noticed that the two add-ons are not visible on the user-installed page, but only on the system page. Should this be the case when I actually installed them with the jar-files?

So I use the UPM when managing the jss addon? When clicking on 'enable' for the specific modules?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2015

Yes, it's always better to use the UPM and the list of addons, as it's a bit friendlier than "upload and hope" You need to debug why the module(s) are not enabling - you need to look at the error messages and check the application logs for failure messages.

Ok, Thank you for all the help!

Suggest an answer