How to initiate a refresh of Issue Type field on a create screen?

Michael I. January 18, 2012

I have a custom screen, where a user can select a project, an issues type and several other values. The Project value can be automatically changed by javascript because it depends on some other values, but in this case the Issue Type field does not update it`s options.

How can i initiate a refresh?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2012

Not sure whether this is the standard projects / issue types dropdowns, but in the standard one you can make it recalculate the issue types by firing the event yourself. Eg to change it and fire the handler:

AJS.$("#project").val("10090").trigger("change")

Michael I. January 19, 2012

Yes, this is what is needed, thanks a lot!

Piyush_Annadate February 5, 2018

hi,

I'm trying to hit a function of 'Description' field, if there's a change in issue type (on create screen) then that function needs to be hit.  How can I achieve it using above provided  code?

0 votes
Peter Hafke October 22, 2012

Perfect, that works well.

Is there a similar way to refresh this fields within an issue collector?! I actually have the same problem, but in an issue collector. Even a full restart of the jira instance doesn't help...

Suggest an answer