How to inform a Jira user that his login is refused because his account was disabled?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

BY default jira will just refuse users to login when their accounts are disabled (as not active or removed from jira-users groups).

I am looking for a way to inform the user about this, but now as one time email but as a notification attached to the login form.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2013

Hey Sorin, I've filed an improvement request to have that improved in future versions of JIRA:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33755

I know it doesn't solve the problem for now, but make sure you add yourself as a watcher to that report, so you can keep track of the process.

Hope it helps.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2013

Thank you Jeison. I was looking more for a solution or maybe even some hints on how to implement is with a plugin, if possible. Still, for the moment that's the best answer ;)

Suggest an answer