How to include SLAs for public holidays in JIRA Service Desk?

Swarna Radha November 6, 2017

Hi,

I want to include public holidays in my Slas, as some agents work during public holidays.

Is there a way to cater for public holidays in JIRA Service Desk?

Thanks and Regards,

Swarna

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017
Hello,
You need to define a different calendar for the agents.
Swarna Radha November 6, 2017

Hi,

But these holidays exclude SLAs but i want to include holidays in my SLAs.

Thanks

RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

If you have two calendars, one with Holidays included and one without the holidays defined. You assign the calendar with the holidays defined to the SLA's that you want to ignore holiday and it will continue to run during holidays.

SLAs that should stop on holidays should be assigned the Calendar with the holidays defined.

Swarna Radha December 7, 2017

Hi,

If one calendar consists of holidays, how i am going to include the holiday dates in the calendar?

For example if i add the holiday date in the calendar, it will exclude the SLAs.

How slas will know if that it is a public holiday?

Thanks 

Swarna

RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2017

Each SLA is associated with a particular calendar. You can have multiple calendars defined in the system. For each SLA, you can have different calendars. So, if you have a particular SLA that should ignore holidays, you assign the calendar that has no holidays defined. For another SLA that should ignore holidays, you assign that SLA the calendar with holidays defined.

Suggest an answer