How to import multiple cloud service desk project setting

SD Admin April 16, 2018

Hi,

We have just subscribed to Jira Cloud Service Desk. We have 16 clients/ Project to setup. How can we mass import all setting and setup the project rather than to create a new project each time and reconfiguring the issue types and the request types and the field to be configure in the request types? 

Please advise. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2018

Hi Angeline, 

Do all of the projects share the same configurations? Or are they all different configurations?  

SD Admin April 16, 2018

Hi, 

Yes. All project share the same configurations, including issue types, request types, SLA and customer setting. How can this be done? Thanks

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2018

Angeline, 

I just looked into this for you. Sadly, it appears that there isn't a way to copy request types between projects. While you can create projects with shared configurations, this doesn't extend to SLA's or request types. 

To copy the workflows, issue types, screens, ect, you can perform the following: 

1. You will need to set up one project with your configurations correctly. Once you've done that, you should be able to to create projects by using a shared configuration.
  2.  Once you've got the "template" project created, click on "Project">"Create Project">"Create with Shared Configuration" (This will be all the way at the bottom). Select the project you've created to have the configurations, and it will create a new project with all the same workflows, screens, ect. 
  3. You will need to recreate SLA's and request types. 

There is an open feature request. You can vote for it as well to add your voice to the feature.

SD Admin April 16, 2018

Hi, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I have voted for the enhancement request. It seem there been long await request but yet to implement one. I do hope the team will look into it seriously.

Thanks

Suggest an answer